I haven’t been able to nail down the first day of school post yet, and already our Kindergarten Picture Day is coming up next week! Here is some outfit inspiration if you’re also thinking about what to put your sweet girl in for her big CHEEEEEEESE moment.
Girls’ Caroline Cardigan Sweater, J.Crew
Chambray Bow Skirt, Factory J.Crew
Fabric Petal Necklace, J.Crew
Courtney Floral Print Top, Nordstrom
Hanna Swedish Boot Clogs, Hanna Andersson
Pittar Pattern Knee Socks, Hanna Andersson
Girls’ Tassel Rope Necklace, J.Crew
Ralph Lauren Chambray Top, Macys
Girls’ Caroline Cardigan Sweater, J.Crew
Sparkle Tulle Tutu Skirt, Carters
Raccoon Knee Socks, Little Circus
Faux Suede Boots, Old Navy
Cheers to all the little ladies and a perfect picture!
I recently received ripped out magazine pages with photographs of a gorgeous brown and white houndstooth headboard that my Aunt Kathy sent to me in the mail with a hand written note. Yes, you read that right…ripped out pages, hand written note, and snail mail. Envelope, stamp, and everything. I LOVE HER.
And yes, the headboard was right up my alley, but it was the super rich chocolate brown color that really tripped my trigger. It got me to thinking about painting an entire room a deep brown….the color just lends itself to a library, a study, or a den. A space for curling up on a sofa with a good book (ok, a Kindle), and a cup of coffee (ok, a glass of wine), and getting cozy.
1. Paper Lane Design Invitation 2. Pure Paper NY Fruit Garland 3. Polka Dot Balloons 4. Modern Lola Paper Plate 5. Modern Lola Paper Cup 6. Modern Lola Pineapple Napkin 7. Cake Inspiration via 8. Parkside Paper + Gift Fruit Straws 9. Pineapple Cup 10. EWMcCall Fruit Dress 11. Jelly Bean Kids Tablecloth 12. Fruit Shaped Cookies (similar) 13. Mini Melissa Furadinha Shoes 14. Fruit Inspired Mini Hats (DIY) 15. Pink Strawberry Pinata (DIY)
I know this little girl named Sara who is turning two at the end of June. Her mother Teah is the first Myrtle Beach friend I ever made. We met before we got married, before we were even engaged, before I even moved here. She was my touchstone, my partner in crime in this town (besides Jeff). We have done it all together, and her HUGE extended family has adopted Jeff, the kids and myself as their own. Teah asked me to help her pull together some ideas and products for Sara’s….get this….TWOti Fruity birthday party. Well, with that adorable idea and for my oldest and dearest MB girlfriend…of course I’m all in!
There are so many fun ideas to be inspired from with this theme! It is perfect for summer, it’s fresh and bright, and sweet just like Sara. I’m freaking out over the Mini Melissa Furadinha shoes. They smell like fruit yall, and if that weren’t enough to push me right over the edge, they wipe clean. I’m bummed that they only come in toddler sizes, or R would have them for sure! There are tons of party products on the market for this idea, and even more adorable DIY projects. It’s a real opportunity to get super creative.
And some stuff is even for the grown ups…thank you Jenn at Endlessly Inspired.
Don’t mind if I do…..
1. Julia Rothman Daydream Wallpaper in green 2. Brave Wings Oversized Art 3. Eivor Throw
4. Mint and White Striped Black Heart Throw Pillow 5. White and Gold Birds Crib Sheet
6. Jenny Lind Dream on Me Crib 7. Nursing Pillow Cover
8. Crystal Flowers Ceiling Light 9. Wooden Gold Leafed Mirror 10. Mint and Gold Table Lamp
11. Bentwood Thonet Style Rocking Chair (Similar to DIY) 12. Beverly 7 Drawer Dresser
13. Gold Bird Baby Onesie 14. Black Geo Loops Rug
15. Bamboo Beanie Knot Hat 16. Mint and Gold Birds Soft Soled Shoes
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve been inspired by a preggo girlfriend of mine. Chrissy and her husband Steve have two precious little boys, and keeping with their tradition are not finding out the sex of their third child. To keep from calling the baby “it”, the family lovingly calls the little babe “Birdie”. How sweet is THAT? Upon hearing that little story, my imagination took flight. (See what I did there….took flight….get it?) My favorite thing in this imaginary room….that wallpaper. Do you see that wallpaper? Crazy good right? It’s bold, and sweet, a hint of vintage, but absolutely feels current. I love it. Okay, if you can’t see how crazy good it is from the board, look here: